Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1001 - 1020 of 1752 Posts

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,002 · (Edited)
hi nice truck your working on really like the headliner. is it like a fibre board that you cover with material or a purpose made one for the truck if that makes sense looks real neat cheers jason
its a plastic one the the customer has bought from the states , it was a pig to fit as it comes as a very tightly sprung roll as you can see from the pic there are 2 brake discs holding it down and to be honest they are only just holding it down . they are not cut to size either so its really a 3 man job to hold it in place and mark it !!!!!!!! it nearly took my head off a few times

http://www.classicparts.com/1947-53-Headliner-1-Piece-Plastic/productinfo/21-464/#.VWb_rZXbIps

·
stitchmeister
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,003 · (Edited)

·
Registered
178 Posts
ah I see that makes sense now thought the old liner looked tough with those brake disks holding it flat. real neat job on the carpet around the gearbox tunnel top work cheers jason

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Hey Chris,

Great to come down to the Trim Shop earlier today and meet you!! Kool to just hang out and talk about motors...Keep up the cracking work you do and speak soon!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi,
I see you use fat mat what's is it like compared to dyna mat? and what does it work out price to size wise in comparison.
Cheers Nick

·
stitchmeister
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,011 ·
Hey Chris,

Great to come down to the Trim Shop earlier today and meet you!! Kool to just hang out and talk about motors...Keep up the cracking work you do and speak soon!!
yup was good to hook up greg :tup: and thanks for your free friendly advice :tup:cheers

·
stitchmeister
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,012 ·
Hi,
I see you use fat mat what's is it like compared to dyna mat? and what does it work out price to size wise in comparison.
Cheers Nick
as much as im a believer of buying quality products and brand names when it comes down to sound matting there are lots of non branded ones out there much cheaper than dyna mat and fat mat that are just as good !!! all you need to look for is the thicker type , just because its got the logo on doesn't make it better in this case .
on the chevy the customer had already gone for the fat mat anyway

·
stitchmeister
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,016 · (Edited)

been snowed under with loads of trade stuff lately so not had a project since the pick up but have been chipping away at this mk2 , has no original interior what so ever so owner has got modern jag seats that need modifying to make look factory and rest im making from scratch. can you also spot the body mods ??

·
Registered
787 Posts
Quarter lights have gone. Front end looks almost one piece. new bumper. Fantastic work as always Chris.

·
stitchmeister
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,020 ·
3mm ply is the strongest but splinters so need to take more time with it but the best

3mm hardboard is the cheapest and easy to work with

but I use 3mm and 2mm MDF as its much easier to work with and can be shaped with boiling water then dried out with heat gun and can be sealed with varnish

1001 - 1020 of 1752 Posts