Rods 'n' Sods banner

1661 - 1680 of 1732 Posts

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,661
what size is the workshop now. glad to see you back fully open
ita about 50ft x 26 ft now ............. already need bigger as ive filled all the spaces

·
stitchmeister
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,662

·
stitchmeister
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,665 (Edited)
thats the capri done all plastics and dash re painted , seats freshened up . new panels . new headlining and new carpet .................. looking all stock and fresh again

·
stitchmeister
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,667 (Edited)
i dont class myself as a good fabricator so i dont know what category this guy came from !!!! all this car came in for was carpet but ended up being a bit more than that .
just so you know this was an ebay purchase from the states ................. the pics tell the story

·
Premium Member
7,340 Posts
Ive gave up long ago worrying about how some get around problems. Most builds are home builds and most of them are built using bits or materials that are to hand,by owners who are not fabricators.

As awful as lots of it is,it does work.

Its also aesthetics most of the time.

Funny thing is,the new seat bases you made.last week i took a near identical set put of a pop and replaced it with a tubular set up,as the owner thought they looked crude.

Both sets do the same job.

·
stitchmeister
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,671
i didnt want to be doing it anyway as it wasnt what i was suppose to be doing but the logistics of finding someone to make a new transmission tunnel and fabricate seat bases at short notice was not going to happen as i would have to organise transportation then start another project while waiting for it to come back so too much stop n start !!!!!!!!!!!!!! so just easier for me to do something quick and functional and stronger than a tex screw was less messing about . i made a trim panel to cover it anyway :D
whoever did it used some nice thick steel and loooooaaaaads of weld but about one pea size blob that actually did anything !!!!!!!!!! i shit you not when i say 4 of the brackets i just pulled off with me bare hands !!!!!!!!!!!

·
stitchmeister
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,674
my diary is fully booked for the whole of 2021 but i could possibly squeeze it in around march time

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,022 Posts
The local trimmer I use most is in the same situation...which is nice ( for the trimmer) :)

·
stitchmeister
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,676
its mad ................every other trimmer i speak to are all flat out !!!!!!!!! both sides of the pond as well ................... just having trouble getting supplies in uk as they are using the covid excuse but i placed an order from holland on monday and wednesday i got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thats with covid and brexit !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Stroker
5,442 Posts
I love the fact that quality 'shops' are mega busy!!

In the darkest of a covid winter one can forget there's still so many enthusiasts putting their money in to rodding and the like, despite the doom about fossil fuels etc!

:tup: :smoke: :D

Reactions: kapri

·
stitchmeister
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,679
bit different style to yours dave .................. many hours of fabrication for the headlining making the bows , sockets and gripper above door so there is no capping's or hidem

·
Stroker
5,442 Posts
Oooo lovely :D

1661 - 1680 of 1732 Posts