Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of selling my Model A delivery, 383 chevy, th350 manual valve body, new rad and rear tyres, what do you guys see it being worth, yes I know its only worth what some one is prepared to pay but a ball park figure

Many thanks Tony

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
£18k but think it would sell quick closer to 15k non pro street would see the 20 k although I love it as is !

Saying that some of the prices around at the mo are ridiculously high so advertise it for £24995 nothing to lose !

·
Registered
199 Posts
I could be wrong, but i've got a feeling some of you arn't taking this seriously..........
HELP STAMP OUT NEW CARS.....

Sorry Mr Devon.

I think we're all serious. But don't have a spare £20k . I thought mr chrisvs's offer was a bit cheeky as offering Jaffa cakes was a
Bit under hand. So as I said earlier this is a stunning car. And I would like to own it if I had the money so I will raise my offer To
£500 + the donuts and 10 boxes of Jaffa cakes. Oh and a full tank of fuel so I can drive it away.
OH and I'll give cabby both of my neighbours as they won't like the *A* anymore than my noisy Anglia.
Tks.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,347 Posts
Value ( apart from being subjective) is also all about build style and the marketplace for that. Fashion being part of what drives the marketplace. Those that like a certain style may not have be in the socio-economic group to afford it.

For instance a top dollar billet/smoothie style rod ,built a few years back may still be in tip top condition but the number of people lusting after it have changed as they have been influenced by the latest 'must have' build style. Cars still the same, quality is still the same but desirability ( and so market ) has reduced by fashion, nothing else.

Looking at other similar quality vehicles out there I'd expect it to be for sale for around £18-20K , sale price will obviously depend on the buyer.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
I don't think it will sell easily for top money.
I certainly would not dispute the build quality or work and money that has gone into it but the market is currently wanting a different style of model A at the top money end as Kev has pointed out
Know what you will accept and stick to your guns. It is a very nice car.
I will watch as you prove me completely wrong and it sells for 25 big ones tomorrow

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Not a fan of Donuts and Jaffa Cakes then :incheek:
being as you all seem such fans of jaffa cakes they are on offer at morrisons this week for 50p a box,ive bought some ready for the nostalgias to use to buy more stuff i dont really need for cars i will probably never finish or maybe not even start to build...im quite tempted by the a,but im also spent out at the moment,if you do want to sell it i think you need to put a load more specs there to get a decent price

1 - 17 of 17 Posts