Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the reins of a project my old man started in the mid ninties. Want to fit a front clip to make it more drivable and wonderer what people prefer.

Mustang 2, Fat Man, Heidt, GM etc

My preference has always been GM as its a GM product. It defenitely wont be a Jaguar clip.

Also looking for recommendations of some one to fit it as it's beyond my capabilities and facilities.

Thanks

Andy.

·
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why not jag out of interest?
I like to keep an American vehicle, American and i think the track is too narrow with the Jag clip on the second series 55 onwards trucks.IMO

·
lone wolf
366 Posts
ok, i seem to remember reading some where that camaro clips fit, but you may be best checking on "chevy talk" if you are a member if not i can check for you,

andy

·
lone wolf
366 Posts
i have just asked on "CT" will let you know when i get an answer,

andy

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,739 Posts
Andy....Do you know Tony Roots? He's clipped a number of Chevy trucks using GM parts. Can give you his details if you need them and he's local.

·
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andy....Do you know Tony Roots? He's clipped a number of Chevy trucks using GM parts. Can give you his details if you need them and he's local.
That would be useful Steve if you could

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Do not go Mustang 11 as a guy I know did and the turning circle became a problem. A 2nd gen Camaro or Firebird subframe/clip is what you need,it will give you good disc brakes and power steering. The important thing is to get someone who really knows what they are doing on the cutting/welding....

·
Registered
778 Posts
Have a chat to Paul at Burnham Autos , he's done loads of clip swaps over the years , his quality is bang on and his prices are honest too .

He'll probably try to talk you into using Jag though , the width is easy enough to adjust and the quality of ride and steering is superb , he's used them for years . That said he's got a good stock-pile of yank stuff if you really must . To be honest though lots of people use Jag for one reason , its the best .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts