Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
(_I_)
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, still cant decide if this is chat or on topic but its not really rod related so I'll start here...

Looking for a good alloy wheel refurber and someone to to put the cooper stripes on the wifes mini...in essex area

Any recommendations ? (apart from dont do it of course :D)

Ps already have the had the stripes made up. just not sure whether to put them on myself

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
For alloy wheels google 'Spit & Polish'.

They are local to you and one of teh few companies in the UK who can repair polished alloys, no0t just painted ones.

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
For the wheel stripes. Jack it up, put it in gear and hold the brush on as it goes round :D

I'd suggest using something a little narrower than a 2" brush though :D

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
Al,

If you want the stripes fitting give me a bell. A mate of mine does all of that sort of thing for a crash repair place down on Fraggle Rock.

Saw your car up in the air at a certain gentlemen's garage last week.... Looking good!

P.

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you want the stripe on the wheel go to your local motorbike shop that has Motrax accessories (u could check there web site for a local dealer to u) they do rim tape for bikes, its a small kit that has enough tape for bothside of two 17" wheels (4 edges), it comes with a plastic tool to help get it in the right place on the wheel, hope this helps? :tup:

jim

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
If you want to put the stripes on the car yourself, PM me with your phone number and I'll tell you how to do it without making a pig's ear of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts