Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wheels Day Traffic

Hope any of you that went to Dunsfold and arrived, had a good day. Weather was good this year. I made it to about 4 miles from the show and then just gave it up as a bad idea. This was at about 9.00am! Traffic was horrendous south of Guildford. Car kept cutting out as it hates idling for long periods. Turned around and headed back and saw miles of cars in the jam heading to the show, and at least a dozen with the bonnets up. I'll never moan about the traffic going to the old Rushmoor Arena show again!
If it's ever held at this venue again, I think I would aim to be on site by about 7.00am, otherwise it's pointless. Bumped into one Rod owner at the A3 services on the way back towards London who had driven from Essex, and he had also given up on it.
The joys of our overcrowded land!

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Got in after about an hour and half wait.

Only thing they were interested in on the gate was money.shower of shit.gotta be the most disorganised show ive been to.

So much parking outside the main show bit,they could off easily had an overflow show parking area instead of parking everyone up together.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Not if you have queued for a couple of hours to get turned away
Ah.... that makes it a pain in the ass. Still you got some miles on the car and I bet you enjoyed that. There is a need for a meet that caters for a hot rodder. Too much at stake theses days with big venues. Prefer a meet somewhere unknown and difficult.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Left West Meon at 08:30, drove in at 9:30, taking the non sheep route. No traffic issues this end. Great show, a massive turn out, so not surprised there were queues, especially from the north (hence we aimed from the south entrance) I'd like to thank the SSR for putting on a great show for a great cause. Re-traced my route back out, and dropped straight back onto the A3 southbound and home by 16:00.

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got in ok as i went early and left early, thats how i know how long the queue was trying to get in. ive heard that people where waitng up to 3 hours to find the place was full and got turned away.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We drove down from Essex & joined back of queue at 0900 just 2.5 miles from entrance. It then took another hour to get in & parked. Sorry to say the Marshals ( use of word lightly) were a Joke. They had no idea. Sending show cars & public cars down from 3 lanes into one down to a public car park just for show cars to be turned around & sent back up to show entrance. Then others were giving up & parking on the side of road & on a grass field & walking in through to show without paying. The show cars being charged a fiver per person. This not the end as the 5 lanes there became 1 on other side. Young lads trying to park vehicles. I had also read that Car clubs could not pre book space. Well how was it that several had space saved. Biggest being the Corvette club.
I had not been to any of the previous Wheels days & after today will NOT be attending this one.
Felt sorry for many vehicles gasping & giving up at the roadside.

·
Administrator
14,116 Posts
really?
show cars got turned away.... thats terrible
i must admit i was directed to park on the grass at about 9:30 and we just walked through on to the show field like many many others
it was not until i got to the rods n sods meet i realised we where meant to of parked else where

fantastic show but a terrible que for over a hour with a lot of cars over heating

personally i preferred the other site ,seemed easier to know where people where to go

·
Registered
628 Posts
I didn't mind queuing for an hour and a half from Guildford to the show entrance we also just walked on in and after walking around for an hour we decided to try and get some food sadly the ques were wprse than a major festival so we gave up and went home.

I too prefer the other venue. Maybe a few more marshals ushering cars in quicker and someone with a modicome of sense to stop drift cars being in the show are when iv come to see hot rods...

·
Registered
725 Posts
It took us 2 hours from south of Guildford to get in what a joke, having a 10am public entrance no doubt caused so many to get there at the same time down roads that could never have coped anyway as big as the place is they seemed to run out of show parking too ?
Once there I had a great time but I doubt I will bother again it took me 3.5 hours from Cornwall plus 2 hours to do about 6 miles ....!

1 - 20 of 304 Posts