Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
I see that bloody bog standard mid range fiat 500 was allowed onto the showfield again! wtf. and why were bog standard fiesta's on there aswell. I get that its "wheels day" not strictly a hot rod show, but come on. and to think that show cars were left out because of crap like this is quite bad really.

car of the show for me was the cream sled, stunning, although there where quite a few stunners, the red ford and yes, that alloy bodied rod was a work of art.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
the little yellow uno it had alley wheels but it was so had to chose from all those daily motors dotted around the show field :shake:
Oh come on Rick, it was either the Superbird (shunted into the public car park with 200 hundred other yanks and rods) or the Uno! :pmsl: Simple solution, cordon the field into sections- yanks/rods/customs and then 'the rest', and also a public car park. Piss easy to do ....

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
For me, this one....... but most people missed it.

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Think it would be nice to recognise that 40yrs ago this was the first big winner

The trophies were all hand built (as we were all broke) but you would have thought Phill & Nick had just won the 'AMBR' trophy, truly nice guy's (ok, it's not a roadster but you get the point).

Credit and thanks to the photographer

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Think it would be nice to recognise that 40yrs ago this was the first big winner

The trophies were all hand built (as we were all broke) but you would have thought Phill & Nick had just won the 'AMBR' trophy, truly nice guy's (ok, it's not a roadster but you get the point).

Credit and thanks to the photographer
Street Odessy. I believe it got hit up the rear end by a pissed member of the green country to our west. You know what, I think I went to that meet in the T. 40 years criky!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Street Odessy...yes, In this guise I think it would still hold it's own.

Bob Swansboro won 'Best Burnout' :lol:, I made his trophy which was a wheel/slick from a model kit with cotton wool 'smoke' and bits of rubber scattered on a wood base (it was poor:shocked:).

I think Puddle Jumper won best interior.

We held a disco the night before the 1st Wheelsday, no sat-nav back then and I remember having to go to the Hogs Back to guide Street Odessy & Puddle Jumper etc to the club house (it was quite amazing leading those two cars), I remember it as a great night (sorry:bla:)

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
I couldn't find it Dave ,have absolutely no idea where you were parked :(
Opposite the SSR land speed record car by the public entrance.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts