Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some sheet metal to start constructing the floor in the Austin, but I want to make a template first from cardboard before transfering the shape onto the metal. Where can you get large cardboard sheets, about 4'x3' or bigger, for this purpose? Sure, I could use plywood, but it is alot faster and easier using cardboard. Any ideas?

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Im a firm beliver in recycling (not) but before burnt my old double divan i ripped it apart and was surprised at how little you sleep on and how thick the cardboard is thats on the top :tup:

Im guessing that singles would be the same :beuj:

I sound like a rite penny pincher :sniff:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Have you got a plastics manufacturer near you ? The granuals they use to melt down and make stuff from is generally delivered to the factory in what are called 'octobins' , 6" tall by 10" round bags framed by a sheet of single ply cardboard . Skips are your friend :tup:

Either that or get a serious cornflake habit :D

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Builders merchants. Bricks and blocks are delivered on pallets which sometimes have a layer of single ply card on the bottom, or it may be plaster pallets. .

·
Registered
120 Posts
Try your local warehoses, cash & carry, trading estates pallets normaly have cardboard on top or bottom. and its free

·
Registered
348 Posts
try somewhere that does packing or maybe a printers,they use brown craft paper or corrugated that comes on rolls to pack finished goods

·
Pass the lump hammer
550 Posts
You could also try your local corner shop, Spar type place that buy and collect from a cash and carry. They usually have large cardboard boxes to get rid off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts