Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
shit on here now, Chris the trimmer and Nobody dont seem to post much on here anymore I miss their stuff

·
richard rawlplug
8,131 Posts
Been slabbing my garden. Chevys covered in dust..best clean it tomorrow.

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,714 Posts
must .................make .................... more .......................effort and no im not on facebook :sneaky: i steer clear from there

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,393 Posts
I still look in most days but car’s finished so nothing of interest to post. Extending the garage currently and will then be starting another car but as it will be a pure restoration to stock it’s not much interest to most here.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I still look in most days but car’s finished so nothing of interest to post. Extending the garage currently and will then be starting another car but as it will be a pure restoration to stock it’s not much interest to most here.
There are two things of interest - 1. making a garage bigger, and 2. a car restoration!! Maybe start an 'extending my garage thread lol

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,199 Posts
I'm still about , never have posted pictures of my stuff on here . Making good progress though now I have another crippled mate helping out. I have to be REALLY excited about something to post it on Facebook. Just going to strip and rebuild the Weber carb on my Reliant trike.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Plus 1 on carb rebuild. I'm overhauling an SU H4 at the mo for my Riley. Original fitment an H2, so it's kinda hot rodding. Experimenting with replacing cork seals with O rings. If it works, it'll be cheaper than using pukka seals and may even be ethanol proof.

Other points of interest: Visited library this morning. Came back and repaired a wooden garden chair. Will help daughter with An Inspector Calls homework later. Notice the way l'm pulling in an audience..........

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well since I started this thread I suppose I should post some pictures of my latest project up...

1950s Villiers MK20 off a cement mixer, looked like this when I got it.

Now looks like this.

Tank and cowing are painted, will hopefully soon be back together and running. Then I've got to make a trolley for it.

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,393 Posts
There are two things of interest - 1. making a garage bigger, and 2. a car restoration!! Maybe start an 'extending my garage thread lol
I will start a build thread when the garage is finished (some time next month). It’ll be a concours body restoration but will have a Stag V8 and widened steels with standard hub caps. I have a load of NOS panels in storage so thought I’d better do something with them.

·
Stroker
5,488 Posts
Love the cement mixer !? resto !!

The Triumph Torpedo sounds a very cool project!!

I'm adjusting to going freelance, cutting back but at the same time fixing to buy a lock up garage so I can tinker lightweight stuff without some miserable cnut telling the current yard owner about my workings. So it'll be mechanical not bodywork from here on in. Looking for real world affordable, 32 3 window.

·
Vendor
3,396 Posts
I still look in most days , but it seems to have been dying a slow death for a long time now compared to how it was some sections hav,nt had any new posts for a month or two

1 - 20 of 28 Posts