Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas, I've got a 45 year old Holley 4v carb that needs shot blasting or similar. Can anyone recommend someone who'll do this well and a rough cost?
Also, I don't want to lose the stamped numbers on the carb, is that unlikely to happen with media blasting etc? Cheers. J

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
There's no way you want it shot blasting, Soda blasting is by far the best media for carbs, contact this guy 07970 274573 Andy of Sutton soda blasting, He also has a machine that after blasting the parts can be put into to be automatically polished. seen some stunning results and I've used him myself on many an occasion. He can do return post service as well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
When I worked in Welling Kent , I used a local car electrics firm on the high street named 'Charge and Start' to bead blast and clean up parts I needed reconditioning on my Anglia. It worked out great for me and saved lots of time. They have various machines they use to strip clean starter motors and Alternators. So maybe worth a try? Scott

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I worked in Welling Kent , I used a local car electrics firm on the high street named 'Charge and Start' to bead blast and clean up parts I needed reconditioning on my Anglia. It worked out great for me and saved lots of time. They have various machines they use to strip clean starter motors and Alternators. So maybe worth a try? Scott
Cheers Scott. I live 5 mins from Welling, but I don't think they're there anymore? Do you know the address?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Soda blaster in Pratts Bottom, just round the corner from me mate, it's where we got the Stude boot and boot lid done. Taking various vette bits there at the end of the summer.

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
Why not send it to professional carb restorer in the 'States if you are concerned about originality - it'll be knackered anyway after 40 odd years.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why not send it to professional carb restorer in the 'States if you are concerned about originality - it'll be knackered anyway after 40 odd years.
Funnily enough Ross, I only thought of that once I'd bought the carb from the USA, arranged to have it sent here and then the idea occurred to me! Ah well, we have the technology in this country too!:tup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts