Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much as the thread title says really, which car manufacturers paint is the brightest White do you think?

just wondered cuz me new motor is limbering up for paint and im looking to paint the body as white as i can up to the bottom of the window pillars and windscreen with contrasting black roof and pillars.

The obvious one is Diamond White. But is this the brightest??

Ill then pool the suggestions into a poll and the winner i will paint with...money permittin i.e. its not too expensive?

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Diamond white is actually a light grey! Base mixing tinter is as white as is gets -natural white,but the addition of very small amounts of other tinters can give a "sharper/cleaner" appearance,The best way to get a really sharp white would be to use a Pearl....Bry

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diamond white is actually a light grey! Base mixing tinter is as white as is gets -natural white,but the addition of very small amounts of other tinters can give a "sharper/cleaner" appearance,The best way to get a really sharp white would be to use a Pearl....Bry
Awesome!! Cheers Bry:tup:

·
Pass the lump hammer
550 Posts
Yes got to agree, I've recently seen the new VW Scirroco and Audi A5 in white and thought at the time, "thats white"

Probably the same paint code on both cars.

·
Woodchipper Extraordinair
2,305 Posts
Ford Frozen White is pretty bright and clean, its a bastard to paint though you end up snow blind!

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
My old Mk2 Cortina was painted in mixing white with, as Bry suggested, I think a dribble of black in it to sharpen it up, you couldn't look directly at it in the sun.

·
fixin your car
935 Posts
the cleanest and brightet white iv mixed was done by using base white then adding a hint of blue.
There is a white primer made by mipa that s bright you could mix it with hardener then add thiners to bring it to a base coat viscosity base n laquer, cheap as chips :tup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
The old trick of adding a SMALL amount of blue to tinter white is still the easiest way of achieving Brilliant White. Make sure you pick a green tone blue and not a red tone one.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Ford Electric White Pearl as applied to new Kuga is like an ice white and seems to have a blue tinge in certain light.

It always reminds me of the old 'Ultrabrite' toothpaste ads - showing my age now.
Thought u used Steradent like me:incheek:

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Appliance white (as in washing machines and other white goods) used to be a very popular colour back in the 90's.
Agreed with this and Vauxhall artic or glacia (not sure which one) was extreamly white :tup:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
both the new audi white and the ford frost are blue whites, both very clean very bright dont imagine there is a lot in it. tho i may be able to get a good discount on the ford white ;) but stay away from yellow based whites.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts