Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using UPol (its in a gold/brown & black tin, I THINK its Easy Sand) and I've just run out. There are numerous small dents all over my Ranchero and a lot of repaired areas that need a skim of filler. As all repairs are butt-welded theres nothing needing more than around 2mm of filler. On American Hot Rod I've seen them using a very thin/runny filler that they practically cover the entire car in & then board-sand most of it off, I could do with something similar. Easy to sand and easy to spread thinnly with no air bubbles.

Anyone recommend anything?

·
Woodchipper Extraordinair
2,305 Posts
Upol topstop is my preferred choice, to get the panels really straight you could use polyester spray filler after all the inital dent filling, this depends on how much you like rubbing filler though as you will flat the whole panel rather than small area's.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
I use to use plastic padding elastic as it is very flexible even bends when trying to get off the plastic scraper ,ideal for fibreglass cars.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hiya

I use reface.made by u pol .Its a spray filler same substates as ur easysand so no sinkage etc,mix as directed .apply with a gravity gun wiyh a 2mm nozzle and away u go! do the whole panel and(lotta blocking down with 120) . reapply to low areas make sure u clean gun out a bit quick coz its going off in 20 mins .try it think ul be pleased

1 - 9 of 9 Posts