Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for 195/70 15 tyres with raised white letters for the front of my Chevy, but I'm having difficulty finding any.

Who should I talk to? North Hants don't have them and Black Circles have BF Goodrich listed, but none in stock for 6-8 weeks.

Any ideas guys??

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Johnny. Couldn't find anything, so come on chaps, ideas please!!

Or, should I go black walls?????? Just a thought!!

Oh, picked up the front wheels today!! Bloody great looking wheels!!! Street Pro's

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Raised letters are the nuts Mark, a great touch on a Classic yank. I'd wait the 6-8 weeks for a nice set and just run around on a set of cheap Ebay blackwalls for the time being....

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't mate! The old ones are 14" and the new ones are 15", so not buying a set for that time!!

I need someone to take the side view of Gladys and put the Street Pros and black side walls on to see what it looks like!

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No one got any ideas??

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
What make? if you are not bothered what it says on the what about these, letters are slightly raised just painted letters in with tyre pen

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Dave!! I'd just got to that idea myself.......... Off to look at Black Circles website and order the tyres BFG I think, but depends on price.

Car look great! I learnt to drive in my Dad's '62 FB, lovely car to drive.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Thanks Mark, My tyres are Fedral 731 super steels they were about £50.00 each I run 185/70/14 front and 205/70/14 rear , they seem to be a good tyre I`me getting good milage out of them and no balancing problems.

Cheers

Dave

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I priced up some Goodyears round the corner from me, agreed the cost, opened the second box and pulled the wheel, gave it to the chap but when it was on the machine you could see it had been dropped and the bloody rim bent!! Jees, what luck I'm having! Got to get that changed before I can get the fronts on........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts