Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

was at shakey a lot around this era, but for the life of me dont remember seeing this one, any one know it? what motor it ran etc, always had v8 vivas and firenzas, but this un passed me by

paul, :tup:

·
Registered
229 Posts
It looks like Mick Coomes old car,if it was his it had a 427 big block chevy.It had a longer wheel base being streched slightly and was left hand drive.The car was bought from Mick by Barry Andrews who sprayed it silverand ran it at pod a few times.I think Dave Pollen was a friend of Micks and may have done work on the car in its early days.

·
I WAS OLD ONCE !!
40 Posts
firenza

this was the old frenzy car of dave collis.
now called spirit of frenzy and was last seen in a garage in malta where it was raced. so i believe.

·
I WAS OLD ONCE !!
40 Posts
according to an unmentionable other site it crashed in 1983 after dave collis owned it, and it ended up in its final livery as the first picture of this thread in malta.

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
I remember when Dave Collis was builing that thing :shocked:

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
I only knew him slightly as part of the local 'Yank' car mob - haven't heard anything of him for many years - seem to recall him living close to Rush Green College when he was building-up the Firenza.

·
I WAS OLD ONCE !!
40 Posts
Yes thats where he built the Opus One it was his mum and dads house.
My dad was his push car driver and mechanic from 1969 until they stopped racing.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yes thats where he built the Opus One it was his mum and dads house.
My dad was his push car driver and mechanic from 1969 until they stopped racing.
I was a student at rush green college whilst dave was building this firenza and he used to drive past on his way home in his imaculate Mk1 V6 Cortina, nose dropped, rear up, on slot mags.

it was seeing that car that started me off on customising.

He sold the Cortina to Ron kiddell who also built a fast firenza, red and black, stripped and lightened, 2.2 lotus and NOS
Held the fastest 1/4 mile 4 pot record for years.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I spoke to Ron a few weeks ago he now runs RK tuning near rayleigh,his firenza was called sweet sixteen.He now tunes skyline,s and circuit race,s a R32 gtr.He,s a good mechanic and he,s the only one i trust to work on my car.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Boyzee, Here is sweet sixteen

I saw Rons curcuit car at his workshop a few weeks ago and its looking good, very lightweight.

He doesnt do things by halves :tup:

·
Registered
393 Posts
That Ferenza was given to Kieth Harvie and myself from Vauxall at Luton when they first came out.And Keith sold it Dave Collis,and the V6 Mk1 Cortina belonged to me,I swapped my Pontiac formula 400 for it.....i used to take my little boy...who was 3 years old .up to chelsea bridge and any bastard that wanted to race.( oh by the way my little boy is now 43 ) with his own little boy...So watch this space ..you never know...

·
Registered
282 Posts
The Spirit of Frenzy was mine ( Tony Betts ). I bought from a guy in London and put a blown 454 in her. I sold to a guy called Joey in Malta and we went there and raced it a few times for him. We beat everything out there with this car. It is still there in his garage along with my old funny car and a few others.

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Barry George had the cortina for a while [long tow home from Chelsea eh Barry]. I just loved the way that car sat, raked but not jacked up as so many cars were then.
Was the Firenza the body shell the one Keith Harvie had on a pallet on the dunny roof in his warehouse in Grays in the seventies ?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hi Dave.:wave:

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Hi Dave :wave:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts