Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have all 57 thunderbirds got the rear fins and light clusters the same as this ???? im told this one is a special as there different to most others !!!!!!!! I don't have a clue but im sure there is a clever dick out there that does

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,719 Posts
Fin looks canted out a bit mor than standard, they normally have some chrome on the rear light lens too

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts

All from Google if it helps.

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
going by the photo`s the door handles on the top car are not built into the start of the fin. the fin starts from a different part of the car and the fin is a a different angle.

·
stitchmeister
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
going by the photo`s the door handles on the top car are not built into the start of the fin. the fin starts from a different part of the car and the fin is a a different angle.
this is what ive been told as well ............. there are 3 differences ..........fin is different , rear lenses are different and no fuel flap as (filled from inside the trunk)
one of my customers has been offered the car described as a rare prototype !!!!!! anyone shed any light on this

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
The Battersea Boys are the people who would know. Thinking about it they may be banned from here........

Rog.

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,719 Posts
Does it belong to the guy Gloucester/Bristol way with loads of cars? I think I saw it at his place a few years back. I thought the nose was slightly different as well

·
Registered
194 Posts
Assuming this is an all steel car, and not one of the fiber glass replicas that are out there, then I would have to agree with Steve on being custom. I have never seen or heard of fenders with those angled fins. Is there any evidence on the inside of the fender to indicate if there was ever a gas fill door that has been filled. I would also expect to see evidence in the form of weld lines along the original fender lines. The tail light lenses look to be the standard non back up versions. The doors appear to be '55/'56 Thunderbird items.

A quarter to twelve!

·
stitchmeister
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

ill try and get some more info from the potential buyer .................id put a post on the t bird forum but its not free :incheek:

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
boot lid looks like it extends further down towards the bumper too, or maybe just the angle of the photo. Are you sure it isn't a glass replica Chris? There were a few in England a couple of years ago.

·
stitchmeister
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well he bought it in the end and I had a look round it and its a little bit different !!!!! looks like the back has been extended by about 1ft .. it comes up that its a 327 y block

1 - 19 of 19 Posts