Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right my old ford capri wants some fresh paint. i am sorting the dents and so
e panels. its abit rusty here and there. i want it gloss black. just black. no sparkle or fancy stuff. JUST BLACK.
car was originally red but its had one coat of rattle can satin black.

CAN ANYONE PAINT IT ON HERE????
PLEASE HELP,CARS ON A BUDGET AND IF I DON'T GET IT SPRAYED MY MISSUS WANTS IT OFF THE DRIVE AND IN THE SCRAP YARD.

THANKS
NATHAN

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scrap yard dog;1868097]nathan the better the prep you do yourself will all help in final cost[/QUOTE]

i know. i don't really care how bumpy it is. I've made the front look like a DODGE DEMON and i like the scruffy junk yard look.
i will smooth it as good as possible then just want a spray. nothing fancy just a spray.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
im sure you know but just in case black is a nightmare it shows every ripple and dent and your prep has to be a1,unless you know how to prep it properly get someone else to do it for you and that means $$$,do it white to get it one colour and hide a lot of ripples etc you misses probably wont be happy still though unless you paint it pink

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im sure you know but just in case black is a nightmare it shows every ripple and dent and your prep has to be a1,unless you know how to prep it properly get someone else to do it for you and that means $$$,do it white to get it one colour and hide a lot of ripples etc you misses probably wont be happy still though unless you paint it pink
i don't mind it being dings and ripples. the satin black has gone patchy and looks real crap.
Id spray it myself if i had a garage.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,142 Posts
Your on a budget, round here you'd be lucky to get a scotchbrite and enough overspray to call it black for less than £1000 . If you just want it shiny why don't you roller it ?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Your on a budget, round here you'd be lucky to get a scotchbrite and enough overspray to call it black for less than £1000 . If you just want it shiny why don't you roller it ?
Agree with Kev, you can get a fantastic job handrolling your own car. Check out a few of the threads here on painting your own car.:tup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
What about flatting it back to the red and giving it a mop up? That'd be shiny and you wouldnt be wasting good paint over rattlecan nonesense. It'd all have to come off to paint it again anyway.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
does a car have to be as smooth as a babys ass to vinyl wrap?

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
I painted mine with Rustoluem Kombi Colour. There is a thread in Tech Features on how to do it.
It's all down to time and not rushing it

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I painted mine with Rustoluem Kombi Colour. There is a thread in Tech Features on how to do it.
It's all down to time and not rushing it
id paint it but i dont have a garage or the time really, i have seen a chap paint a capri in plasti dip, its like a liquid rubber paint and it can be peeled off but im not sure

1 - 20 of 22 Posts