Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a new alternater for my 2000 chevy blazer but cant find anyone who sells them in the UK ! Can anyone point a finger or give me an idea please. Ive looked on real steel website and cant find them !!! :tdown:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was starting to think it was an engine no one had heard of :incheek: Most chevys a different type of alternater and ive been told these start from around 97/98 and have different wiring and are more compact. :/

·
Registered
945 Posts
I've got a 2000 Blazer with the 4.3 Vortec engine and my alternator was goosed when I got it. I too couldn't find a new one and when I did it was so expensive I nearly fell over so I took it to a place that rebuilds alternators and they did new bearings, brushes, diodes etc. etc. and fully rebuilt it for about £100, would have been cheaper if they hadn't had to replace just about everything. Had it on the truck for a year now with no issues whatsoever. I see you are up north so maybe if you search for an auto electrician in your own area you may well find someone who can do it, if not then I will dig out the address of the place I used in Harlow essex and if all else fails you could send it to them and get it sent back.
I have to add that the guy has been doing electrical gear for cars most of his life and would assume he has seen just about every type of alternator or dynamo going and that is the sort of place you need to find.
I also have a couple of other chevy's including a bb Vortec unit but none of the other alternators would fit the V6 unit.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like i will have to sort out someone who can recon it for me then :) Ill have a look about tomorrow for someone in teesside. Thanks for that !! :)

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
go over to astrosafari .co.uk the astro van site for uk you will get plenty of help and advice on there...may even be a van breaking for parts near you?? these vans all run the 4.3 v6 so you should find a supplier on there :tup:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im looking at buying a new one as ive been told the alternaters are not very good and seem to let you down, so i thought it might be better to get a new one as its got more chance of lasting..
Ill have a look on the astro site. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts