Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to be refitting the side moldings on my car early next year, and as each molding has had a variety of different clips fitted over theyears, I want to fit all new and matching clips.

If i can buy in the UK i would prefer it. I have seen loads on ebay but they are all in the USA.
This is the style I am looking for

thanks for your help

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,759 Posts
this guy is good on ebay clipman*1 he is in the states but i get a fair bit from him and well priced as well, he can do everything from the Au-ve-co catalogue

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, What car are they for, they look like a external belt line clip????????
Spot on. They are for the external molding on my 1953 Pontiac. Some were push fit, and others have this screw thread on the rear. It is these screw fitting type i want to use when placing the trim back on the car.

·
Registered
499 Posts
They look like Tri Chevy ones. If so then Russ Pepper may have them.
they look just like the tri chevy clips,an I presume they come in two sizes as I belive belair trim is wider than 210,have seen them for sale indivigually in a catalogue,cant remember which Year One or Danchuck,you should have no trouble getting them once you work out which ones you need...cheers DAVE

·
Registered
63 Posts
Try Florida Fasteners off US Ebay - they sell 'em in packs of various sizes which I needed for a 56 Buick as the stainless side trim varies in width from front to back of car.Not cheap but a threaded stud and not the push in type.....
Nick

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Try Florida Fasteners off US Ebay - they sell 'em in packs of various sizes which I needed for a 56 Buick as the stainless side trim varies in width from front to back of car.Not cheap but a threaded stud and not the push in type.....
Nick
Hi Nick
that was the place i have been looking. I was just hoping to get them in the UK, but that seems to be unlikely. My trim is about 1.5" wide so i need similar clips to the Buick, likewise threaded.

cheers
Dan

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought mine from Florida fasteners. Great service and quick delivery too. I never found any in the uk.
Cheers
Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts