Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted in wanted section but thought i'd try and track some down if i need them. Running WW Firestones on a 15" Sherpa rim and would like to dress it with trim rings and caps. May have got the caps sorted but after some trim rings, something slim(ish), not too wide. Any idea where i can track some down and roughly what do they normally cost?

Cheers Dan:tup:

·
Registered
616 Posts
The place Al mentioned has all sorts. Worth popping in to have a look at the Aston Martins they race!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
The place Al mentioned has all sorts. Worth popping in to have a look at the Aston Martins they race!
You're not wrong Gavin, it makes a change to see a place that hasn't changed in decades and as for all sorts, repro Austin Metropolitan hubcaps anyone? And the Astons are cool.

·
Registered
616 Posts
You're not wrong Gavin, it makes a change to see a place that hasn't changed in decades and as for all sorts, repro Austin Metropolitan hubcaps anyone? And the Astons are cool.
I know! I never knew they were there until a mate mentioned it, that must have been over 10 years ago and it hasn't changed.
I put Spock onto them as I spotted a big block V8 under one of their pallet racks that they wanted rid of. Think he only payed £100 for it!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Always great to find out about local places like this :tup:

Just down the A45 and turn left then right :D

·
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is good news, not far away at all:D. I'll pop down this week and see whats what. I'll post up and let folks know how i get on and what the quality is like.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Dan, I bought a set of five 16" trim rings for my Stude 16 years ago and they are still on the car now. I got a pair of early Minx hupcaps and 15" rings for Martyn Payne's teardrop trailer years back and they're still on there now. If you want to look at either just pm me. I'm in Sutton Coldfield and Martyn is in Great Barr. If I didn't think the parts were good, I wouldn't recommend them.

·
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice one. The reason for posting was to hopefully find an alternative to some more common trims available. The chrome quality on some trims and caps i've seen has been shocking and almost looked plastic. Looking forward to going down there now as i hoping to maybe get something suitable and abit different. Probably wont be cheap but for me rims can make or break a car so it'll be money well spent. Thanks for the lead, sure it will help others.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Dan, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed, like Gavin said, the stuff they reproduce is incredible. You do need to check what they have in stock but the range of repro hubcaps they do for all early English cars is amazing. There's a bunch of other stuff too.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The race cars are kept next to the counter behind the big shutter doors. ask nicely and they might show you them ;)

Al, It wasn't the hemi mate, think it was a ford motor. Think John still has it.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
John does still have it and it's going to Canada with him. At least one person will be pleased, Ian (WagonMan) nearly cried when I told him it may have been the Hemi that changed hands for next to nothing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts