Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard on the radio about a married couple been together for over 70 years!.................that's very easy to achieve IF you can find a bloody good woman..................:unsure:

On a more realistic note, who has had their rod the longest? has anyone had their love over 30 years (no, not the bloody wife!)

·
Registered
823 Posts
I've had a one of my trucks since 1981 and a car since 1984, although the car is a bit of a cheat because I sold it for a while then got it back again. I'm sure those will be beaten though.

·
Stroker
5,458 Posts
1979 for me. Seen out a few broads that's for sure :rolleyes:

Reactions: 68roadrunner

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A 50yr Pop, I bet his yellow cellulose paint has faded, his button draylon interior has become threadbare, the chrome is peelin off his IRS and his Appliance steel spokes have gone rusty..................Sadly, that Pop n I seem to be aging at the same rate!

·
richard rawlplug
8,112 Posts
Terry Riddle.....35+ years..

·
Registered
864 Posts
Not rods, as such, but Riley 1½ since 1976, and lightly modded bitza MGB since 1984. Both on the road. Funny really, as in my first few years of motorcycling/motoring I was buying them/selling them (ok, in reality buying them, breaking them) every few months.

·
Stroker
5,458 Posts
KJ, show us a pic of ya Zephyr as she is now, 42 years of evolution...........
Always happy to oblige and post pics of me CONSUL lol (y):cool:
Blew the cobwebs off on Tuesday!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow!..........Britain's answer to to a mercury.......... nice car! do I detect a shaker hood scoop n cadillac rear lights? what throbbin thumper is under the 'hood'?

·
Stroker
5,458 Posts
Youtube test...

Not really a shaker but it is seperate from the bonnet. All forged Edelbrock stroker SBC.

How do you chose to have ya signature on or off????

·
Registered
786 Posts
Friend of mine has had his 1935 Morris 8 since 1967, rodded it then, it's still evolving and today sports a Chevy stroker engine and NOS, still being used in anger on the strip by the owner and his son.

·
Rod'a'holic
1,034 Posts
Had my Consul Capri since 1983, a few months before we got married. Still have the car and the wife.

I had a jacked up 100e with 1600 Xflow when we met in 1979 and I still have that too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Love it!...........the consul 375 becomes a 383............I don't think the Harris brothers ever chopped a consul/zephyr n slung in a sbc ?

RB yooz a lucky fella, a rare car n one of them rare women!

Eeeeerrr...............what's a signature?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Had this since I was 18

this since I was 20

both lockdown restorations, and this since I was 21

hitting 50 this year, so not as long as some people, but a pretty good percentage of my life!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sadly the Hyab is out of my league.....................but that RD125 aint,............. worra luvvly thing, I bought a grom for my missus cos I couldn't find a good RD125

1 - 20 of 37 Posts