Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOW THEN, BEFORE THIS IS POO POOD COULD ALL THE ADJUDICATORS PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE NO NAKED TODGERS INVOLVED IN THIS PRODUCTION & THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT MUST DO FEATURE OF THE OLD NATS & THEREFORE PART OF OUR HISTORY.......

JUST AQUIRED THESE PICS FROM A CHELMSFORD CLUB MEMBER, MY QUESTIONS ARE WHO ARE THEY WHERE & WHEN??, I AM ASSUMING IT IS A NATS, GOTTA BE? I KNOW ITS A LONG SHOT BUT I REALLY AM TRYING TO SORT ALL THIS HISTORY OUT HERE...

NOTE, THE T SHIRT SAYS 'THE BRIGHT ONES, CUSTOM CHROME IPP OF BRISTOL', AND THAT BLOKE IN THE WHITE TUNIC BOTTOM LEFT, WHERES HIS HEAD!!!......

NOTE...HE MADE IT!!....

NOTE, THE RED T SHIRTS SAY ' STREET DOMINATORS, ----------? CUSTOM CLUB & HAVE WHAT LOOKS LIKE A RODDED MINOR WAGON IN THE MIDDLE....

RIGHT NOW THINKING CAPS ON THEN!!.........

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
When you say "Mark", is it someone called Mark, or the stripey pole??:happy:

The second one from the top in the first pic looks familiar, but I can't remember his name.

Not much help am I?

I do remember the mass opening of shaken beer cans and upheld cigarette lighters, used on the descents.

The official pole climber in the EPF was Eddie "Up Walls", usually wearing a convict suit on the way up, not much on the way down!!

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
The undisputed Pole speed champion was IMHO our own chevy2, back in the day he could almost sprint to the top.

Rog.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
all very good & constructive thoughts etc, but who are they!!, surely someones gotta know, to see these pics i,m sure would be a great early christmas present!!! :D:D:D

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
The undisputed Pole speed champion was IMHO our own chevy2, back in the day he could almost sprint to the top.

Rog.
i rember gary racing up the pole in his mary poppins outfit.there was a guy halfway up the pole next to us at the time and gary had a bet with me he could beat him.i lost the bet as he got to the top and the guy next to us was only three quarters of the way up.i had to buy gary a few beers

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just been able to log on after giving up trying previously .
Up the pole first picture at the top is Paul Domini , second is Mike Taylor ( blue Blown Willys ) and to the right is Niel grant ( maroon and Grey mk2 Zephyr running in Super Street ) .
Not sure about the men in Togas but one does look a lot like Merv Barnett . Stood in the crowd is Phyco Mike Walters .
Would it be possible to be sent this and any other relevent pictures to use on the Bristolhotrods website for ther history section ?

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
Mike seemed to be under the car all week!!!

So many people had car trouble that week...... the propshaft John Hockley's Pop fell apart, my front wing fell off!!, A 30's Chrysler caught fire, plus someone else's gearbox exploded, all in a great week!!

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just been able to log on after giving up trying previously .
Up the pole first picture at the top is Paul Domini , second is Mike Taylor ( blue Blown Willys ) and to the right is Niel grant ( maroon and Grey mk2 Zephyr running in Super Street ) .
Not sure about the men in Togas but one does look a lot like Merv Barnett . Stood in the crowd is Phyco Mike Walters .
Would it be possible to be sent this and any other relevent pictures to use on the Bristolhotrods website for ther history section ?
BRILLIANT, GLAD WE GOT AN ID, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO COPY & PASTE THE PICS NO PROB, JUST ACKNOWLEDGE STEVE BAINES FROM CDSRC IF YOU USE THEM, & LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY SAY!!....:tup:​

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.