Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can go on any other site and see pictures no problem. Why is it only this site that they won't download on? My computer just sits gurgling and churning but no pictures come up. It's been like this since Christmas! I don't want to look at the shit on other sites I want to be able to see whats on this one.

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
While you wait for the landlord to see this......what browser are you using mate?

·
Registered
114 Posts
You do relise that if you ask a tech nickle question on here we won't be able to translate all that coonpooter talk :wtf::yeahthat:

·
Registered
114 Posts
:eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic:Hay Gary.........Tell Mandy that i have Cheese Cake if she would like a bit...:puke:

·
THATS MR TATFINK TO YOU
961 Posts
i dunno, fen diddys and electrics .........to be expected, the coal that we have been using to run our computors in the fens has been very wet since xmas ,especially in wisbech ......just glad im a little more south :incheek: or is it candle wax in the keyboard?:whistle:

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I can go on any other site and see pictures no problem. Why is it only this site that they won't download on? My computer just sits gurgling and churning but no pictures come up. It's been like this since Christmas! I don't want to look at the shit on other sites I want to be able to see whats on this one.
Sounds a bit like you at a rod run Gary just sitting there gurgling and churning, and your mrs told us that when you get like that nothing comes up ,
LOL
P.S. you have got your moniter switched on mate havn't you

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
As I recall, the last problems you were having when this site was slow was actually an issue with your internet provider/computer wasn't it ?

You'll need to give me more specifics to work from.

Give me a link to an actual thread that doesn't work on your machine.

Describe exactly what you "DO" see including any errors, red X's etc. etc..

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right Si.you are correct in saying that it was an internet provider fault I think. We still haven't got to the bottom of it yet. Sometimes the computer acts ok ish then suddenly no connection. We are with virgin and they say that there isn't a problem but everytime we ring them (3 or 4 times a week) the problem goes away for a day then returns. But, even when the other sites seem ok ish we can still wait for 10-15 minutes for a page like 'random pics' thread to open on this site.
I'm sorry but I don't understand the technical questions being asked such as what browser I'm using. Don't know what a browser is.
If you take pro street pops thread above I can only see a white square with a red cross in it. But other threads sometimes the whole screen goes black with 'done' written in the bottom left corner as if it's done what is expected but nothing ever come on the screen.
Sorry but I am a computer illiterate.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No Pro street pop I can't see any bloody pictures. Bring that cheesecake round with a few bottles of bud and Tatfink can come and do some artwork while we try to get this sorted. Yella f100 you don't know the new me. I've stopped gurgling now!!!!

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Prostreetpop's post earlier was a mickey take ;) All you would see on there are red crosses and then a little animation.

But, that's a good thing. It means the images are loading.

Do you know what internet package you have signed up for with Virgin ? Broadband L, XL etc ?

Have a look at this page --> http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305

You should see 4 pictures in my main post. Do they show up ok, does the page load fairly fast ?

Now have a look at this page --> http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7157&page=3

Does that one hang or seem to take forever to load ?

As for the other bit. The 'browser' is what you use to look at the internet. Chances are you're running Internet Explorer (A little blue 'e' that you click on to start looking at the net ?)

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are spot on Si. The first link was almost instant, the second never loaded, just a black page with a load of garbled messages at the bottom of the page.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
The new you
SO you stopped gurgling now ,what you moved onto dribbling and stinking of wee.
PORTALOO CRUISERS ...................taking the piss as well

1 - 20 of 36 Posts