Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just had my compressor seize up on me today so will have to renew it any recommendation as to what model to get need it for a sandblasting cabinet and running a DA can be either single phase or 3 phase, budget about £500 tops prefer new. :beuj: also could I link it up to the old air tank as its a 200lt tank if so how ?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I've linked my compressors together just by using a pipe between the end fittings in the 2 tanks; flexible is best to compensate for the vibrations and as large as possible to give max flow. I put the outlet in the slave tank although I'm not sure it really matters

·
Registered
681 Posts
why not just buy a new pump ? is the motor seperate to the cylinder. get the largest that the motor will drive, 3 phase will be more powerfull as you can go over 3hp easier

·
Slowly but surely
955 Posts
Clarke SE16 works for me, 3HP, 14CFM, 240v but needs 16A on start up. Easy to link another tank, just link both with flexible hose but put a ball valve in between to throttle it to one tank for small jobs otherwise it'll run the compressor for ages filling up both
Exactly what I have - bought the main bits from Moon on here and used flex pipe / quick couplings for a 15-minute install

1 - 9 of 9 Posts