Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
originals hrc
824 Posts
looks like its got no headlights to me????

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

can you not do a search an see what its registered as?????

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

nice 1 russ iget ya
ta arron

·
Registered
502 Posts
One thing that would bother me is the ebay vendor says it isn't his - so no questions answered in writing. If it does turn out to be "artistically" registered, as far as the buyer goes Ebay sure as hell aren't going to help.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all very good answers, thought it might be something. so it's really a replica willys, and maybe not in a good way

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,761 Posts
i have spoke to the owner a few times over the past 2 weeks as it was in custard tart , and the guy who has it doesnt have a pc .
its on a mazda pick up chassis with mazda front suspension , 9" rear and 460 BB all registered as a moggie .
its been on the road for a few years i think and it is taxed n tested .

i am having second thoughts about looking at it today now

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how is it down as a moggie on mazda chassis, surely that's a bit dodgey........think i would be too nervous about future reg probs, esp with all the talk of legislation changes
shame, it's a nice looking motor
I pulled out of a sale of a rod due to it being reg'd as a damiler, and not having anything of the damiler left on the car, just worried about getting pulled and ending up q plated, which can b the kiss of death

·
Registered
809 Posts
right, ive had 20 years of fun with my cars, ive had 32s with no 32 bits, ive had As with no A bits, ive got a heavily modified chevy truck NO SVA, ive got two heavily modified 57 chevys NO SVA.
the rules have been in place for years, nothing has changed,
if you worry about what COULD happen you would never participate in this hobby.
this willys is no different to THOUSANDS of rods on the road, and all there owners are having fun,
IF big IF the whole scene collapses, ive had my fun, i could BURN all my cars and i bet i'd still loose less money than the 99%ers have lost on new dailys through out their boring lives.

·
Registered
234 Posts
how is it down as a moggie on mazda chassis, surely that's a bit dodgey........think i would be too nervous about future reg probs, esp with all the talk of legislation changes
shame, it's a nice looking motor
I pulled out of a sale of a rod due to it being reg'd as a damiler, and not having anything of the damiler left on the car, just worried about getting pulled and ending up q plated, which can b the kiss of death
This is the wrong place to discuss this! but there is nothing wrong with a Q plate as generally means its 100% legal....

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,761 Posts
right, ive had 20 years of fun with my cars, ive had 32s with no 32 bits, ive had As with no A bits, ive got a heavily modified chevy truck NO SVA, ive got two heavily modified 57 chevys NO SVA.
the rules have been in place for years, nothing has changed,
if you worry about what COULD happen you would never participate in this hobby.
this willys is no different to THOUSANDS of rods on the road, and all there owners are having fun,
IF big IF the whole scene collapses, ive had my fun, i could BURN all my cars and i bet i'd still loose less money than the 99%ers have lost on new dailys through out their boring lives.
i know were you are coming from as ive had a few rods before !!!!!!!!!!!!! its just the way the laws are changing all the time !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
i know were you are coming from as ive had a few rods before !!!!!!!!!!!!! its just the way the laws are changing all the time !!!!!!!!
you pays ya money and takes ya chance,
and the end of the day, its only a few grand, people waste that on holdays and weddings,
there aint exactly an army of vosa waiting round every corner looking for rodders.
we will kill our own hobby by pure fear of what could happen.

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Hi Shakey,

There is nothing wrong with a Q plate. The Q is for "Questionable Origins", you can not get a Q plate unless the vehicle has been inspected. At the point of inspection when the car is given it's Q plate you start with full points from that moment in time.

If being pulled and your only risk is ending up on a Q plate you wouldn't really have anything to worry about. The problem is for most people it won't work like that, if you get stopped and your vehicle has been substantialy altered then it needs to have been like that prior to 1998 and furthermore you need to be able to PROVE it was.

If the alterations were made after 1998 or you can not PROVE they were made before 1998 then you have to go for a BIVA test, the only person that can put a car in for a BIVA test is the person that physicaly built it. You could of course completely strip the car down to all of it's individual components and re-build it, detailing the parts used with photographic evidence to prove the build (this has already been done by an R'n'S member) and then put it in for the BIVA test as you would now be the builder. However you would have to build using the BIVA manual.

As Kev Rooney and a few others have already proved it is possible to build to BIVA spec and pass the test, however it would probably be very hard if not impossible to just strip down a pro street pop that was built 10 years ago, put it back together and get it through the test without having to make major alterations to get it through the same would apply to most HotRods.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
you pays ya money and takes ya chance,
and the end of the day, its only a few grand, people waste that on holdays and weddings,
there aint exactly an army of vosa waiting round every corner looking for rodders.
we will kill our own hobby by pure fear of what could happen.
Hi Mike,

At the end of the day wasteing a load of money on holidays or weddings is not against the law.

Cheers.

Russ.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts