Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
Just sorting some photos and noticed loads of Minors had a Willys style nose.
Heres a few to start us off.
Bob.

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Who made them fronts:?:
Another one was a yellow couped one with V4 motivation & featured in S/M

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Ron Shentall at this address... [email protected] has got a mould for them, don't know if he would produce any, might be worth a call?

·
Registered
632 Posts
First pic was taken at Lazy Sunday 90 ish, was built by PFF and was the one he got a ticket for because the Rozzers said the screen was too small or at least I think it's the one.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,138 Posts
The front was originally developed/ created by Kris Brown while he was working at Jagos . Later Stuart Holmes of Might Minor owned the moulds butI've no idea where it is now.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hey Charlie!

That one of Pete's looks like it's at a Custom Minor Club Meet - looks like Biggles Cal Looker behind it?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The yellow coupe mentioned aws about in a variety of colours.

Heres a couple more that had colour changes.
Bob.

·
Registered
511 Posts
...and the last pic of the black and flamed car, behind is Russ' fiat-powered 4-door 948 SMM - what happened to that?

And for that matter, Russ Smith....

·
Registered
632 Posts
The black and flamed one was named Thug.

The yellow later green coupe was started by Chris Palmer from Oxford, Pete Levitt bought it unfinished

·
Registered
200 Posts
I built mine in the late seventies, can't remember where I got the front from though.

I called my car "Minor Modification"
I sold it to a pr*ck who fired it for the insurance!!

·
Paint it or Lose it
737 Posts
who ever designed that nose should be poked repetidlly in the eyes cos they never did look anything like a willys haha even if you nosed the hood it would have looked more of one that then front ends :p:p:p

·
Registered
511 Posts
who ever designed that nose should be poked repetidlly in the eyes cos they never did look anything like a willys haha even if you nosed the hood it would have looked more of one that then front ends :p:p:p
...and I always thought they were meant to be more of a 40 Ford front end than willys....

TBH I was never really convinced - preferred the standard Minor front....

1 - 20 of 71 Posts