Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone using it ?
im going to replace my laptop and im sure the sales guy will want to sell the newest version but i have heard of some people having problems with it,
is it worth having or should i just have vista/ xp instead ??

:)

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
I bought a Samsung 509 on Ebay that was preloaded with Vista, but also had a "downgrade" disc for XP, which I instantly installed!!!

My point is that with certain pc's, you can choose whatever system suits you best.

A lot of my programs won't work with Vista and probably 7, so thats why I selected good old XP.

I have never tried 7 so don't know its good or bad points, but presumably, with any new system, there are going to be teething troubles?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys,

im prob going to get another Dell as iv had a D400 latitude for a few years now and its been good,
but iv just looked at the Dell's and they all seem to come loaded with windows 7, can xp still be installed and used with the 7 already on it ??

thanks again :tup:

·
Dr Penetration
392 Posts
Window 7 is excellent in my limited opinion, when I loaded it, it did remove one of my drives which was a "software conflict" ! Re-installed drive and all good. Been smooth running since.

Good luck

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just had a word with my son who works in IT and unlike his old man is a computer wizard.

His comment was " If I was buying a new computer , I'd definitely buy one with Windows 7 installed. As good as XP, but more modern and much better than Vista".

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
This old box still runs Windows 2000 Pro, It's been fine but now I'm finding it won't support some software so it looks like a change for this old luddite............ oh well................... Dave.

·
Registered
232 Posts
7 works fine for me, I dunno why but everything seems to run much quicker & smoother.
:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

·
Registered
437 Posts
yep . im running it with dual boot (vista and w7 ultimate on same pc ) and it seems good, no probs apart from had to update wifi driver . i got a 1 month trial copy if any one wants a copy (i you know what i mean ;) )

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheers guys,
iv got a new un with windows 7 on it, all ok so far so no need to 'down grade' back to xp - fingers crossed lol

thanks again
chris :tup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts