Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else got this as I'm having a bit of bother arranging my photo folders. Our old PC had XP which let you drag folders around & put photos into whatever order you wanted, you could also have one photo in two folders, but from what I can see, 7 insists on the folders being in alphabetical order & the same goes for the photos in them.

Am I missing something here or is 7 a step backwards?

Thanks in advance.

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
This had me goin for a while too, and then I ggogled it and found out how to get the' copy to' and' move to' functions, then you can make it behave like xp.

You can find the Copy To Folder and Move To Folder commands on the Edit menu in Windows Explorer and Computer. Further masking their existence is the fact that, by default, the Menu bar also may be hard to find in both Windows Explorer and Computer.

In order to access the Copy To Folder and Move To Folder commands, you first have to make the Menu Bar visible, which you can do by pressing press [Alt]. The Menu Bar will drop down and allow you to select one of the commands - but as soon as you do, the Menu Bar will disappear again.

If you want to be able to access the Copy To Folder and Move To Folder commands readily, it's preferable to have the Menu Bar visible all of the time. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Click the arrow next to the Organize icon on the toolbar.
2. Open the Layout submenu.
3. Select Menu Bar (Figure A). When you do, a check mark will appear next to the Menu Bar item.
Now you can easily access and pull down the Edit menu to reveal the Copy To Folder and Move To Folder commands (Figure B).
Keep in mind that the Copy To Folder and Move To Folder commands will only be available if you have a file or a folder selected; otherwise, the commands will be grayed out and unavailable.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Gary, I'll have a look a bit later & see how I get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts