Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Posted on behalf of ANTHONY RAWSTHORNE .. The build' is an 81 TransAm with an 87 TPI fuel injected chevy lump.Started in 2002,a few months before i got made redundant and then relocated from ormskirk lancs to stirling in Scotland! So Progress has been slow to say the least with a 500 mile round trip to turn a spanner (photo album 'Progress').Got the old girl up here now ('unit the final day') so things are easier make more progress now! .. Plans are like this at the moment.A large unit of stuff into a small ish double garage means its full to the rafters.Rewire the upstairs lights,redo the plumbing in the loft,then floor it.Giving me space in the garage.Rewire the garage as my welder and compressor are blowing the fuses.Then i can start on rebuilding the car!!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
my plans are underway.....i'm expecting a delivery this week of some tubular rear control arms / urethane bushes and a pair of sub-frame connectors.
other than that.......if the cash flow allows there will be new rims and sticky rubber for the rear, and a better set of headers......(realistically, that will be it as the mustang is my only, and therefor daily driver so i have to keep it reasonably economical)

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Hmmm, got some post MOT minor advisory bits to do, like get a parking brake, adjust a front brake flexi (it was only September when it passed, so you can see I'm keen, haven't used it since mind you).
I also need to move the fuel pump as it vibrates like a bugger at certain revs. There's an Aeromotive one sitting on the shelf, so that should go on really as its smaller, then I can sell the Holley HP150.
I've also decided (but it might not get done this year) that a hidden towbar is the way to go, as a little trailer is the only way we are going to get everything hauled around. It could do with some stickier treads too, but let's get it down the track at least once before we start that game.

·
Registered
769 Posts
working on carol,s lowlight, outlaw anglia to paint in the new year, made a start on pop n.o. 6, engine/ box built for the 5 window, just to finish chassis off. roll on next year. jonny

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well, i got the motor rebuilt, its now back in

need another few hours on the new fuel lines and there isn't any reason it shouldn't start... bolt the seats back in and MOT it I guess, I might actually be ready for the start of a season :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts