Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,hoping someone can help me out,i've just got a single speed wiper motor one of those universal stainless type and it came witout any wiring instructions,on the side of it its got three connections..positive,negative which i understand and a third terminal thats marked S..any ideas where thats connected to??
allso the stem that comes out the wiper body is too long can it be cut down or do you have to space the motor back??
cheers yorkie

·
Registered
211 Posts
If it's the same as mine. The "S" terminal is the switched positive , whilst the other positive is a permanent connection.

After you switch the wiper motor off , the permanent positive continues to power the wiper motor to the park position.

So that's: permanent positive to the positive terminal.
Negative terminal to ground
Positive from switch to the S terminal :tup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's the same as mine. The "S" terminal is the switched positive , whilst the other positive is a permanent connection.

After you switch the wiper motor off , the permanent positive continues to power the wiper motor to the park position.

So that's: permanent positive to the positive terminal.
Negative terminal to ground
Positive from switch to the S terminal :tup:
thanks for that marcol,any ideas on the length of the wiper shaft??

yorkie

·
Registered
211 Posts
Had a look at the wiper motor on the Pop and it looks like it's been cut down at some stage , so I guess it's ok to shorten them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts