Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be easy. Upper and lower A frame bushes on a clipped 1957 Chevy truck. The job itself is easy, my problem is what fecking clip did they use? I've cross referenced the size of the bushes against moog part numbers for 71/96 caprice/imparla 67/81 camaro 64/88 others.
No luck. Now i'm thinking is it a truck or van clip(kind of exhausted all my favors in parts dept with the last lot of cross referencing) Has anybody got any suggestion? Be it id ing the bushes or a supplier who can. I would love to strip axle and take the bushes to the suppliers but i do not have the space if that was the only route then i would have to pass on the job(at which point can anyone suggest anybody who can do it). Thanks for any help.
Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
551 Posts
Always a pain this sort of thing..... Seems you have gone down the usual route. Camaro the most common?
Have also heard with Mustang 2.. maybe worth a try.

Maybe speak with the guys at Farmfresh in Essex... They do alot of this sort of work. Let us know how you get on..

Pete

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Mark
Is it still a steering box and is it outside the chassis?
If so try , 63 to ,'66 and maybe later truck front ends. Can't remember if the '67 on still has the steering box outside.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses, no can do with the pictures at the moment, the owner is out of the country and I don't have the truck, I have looked in the moog catalog(their spelling not mine:wacky:) at mustang suspensions and they seem to be a straight lower arm not "A" shaped! I was kinda hoping someone would have a reference book listing bush sizes, I had one 20 odd years ago, but it has been lost. the torsion bar is not sprung. The steering box is on the inside of the chassis from memory. To my fading cranky old memory it looks like a beefed up Camaro. I post picture asap, thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.