Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Thats tragic news Ron. Heard his run on the internet later they said a woman spectator was seriously hurt. Our Hearts go out to the Family.

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
I assume that's the wheel in the top right of the photo? It's a hell of a way up in the air. Scary stuff. My sympathy to all involved.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
very sad news...:tdown:
but if it was over here the strips would be closed down almost immediately as the HSE nazi's would make it impossible to race.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
very sad news...:tdown:
but if it was over here the strips would be closed down almost immediately as the HSE nazi's would make it impossible to race.
Would'nt need to, the Police would have allready done it. Unexplained death, instantly becomes a crime scene. Unfortunatly we know this as fact following the death of a spectator at the Pod.

·
Registered
552 Posts
This is such bad news sincere condolances to all,

jim

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Would'nt need to, the Police would have allready done it. Unexplained death, instantly becomes a crime scene. Unfortunatly we know this as fact following the death of a spectator at the Pod.
oh i'll shut up then,i did'nt know about that.
(& no i;m not being sarcastic)
its always bad news when someone dies at an event.:tdown:

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4934766

It is real sad news when anybody gets hurt or killed and when all eyes on on the sport due to health and safty as it is

Has anyone seen the footage of it as was posted in the first post or the link ive put up

I dont know a lot as i havent been to a strip in so long but it looks like its within 100ft of the start :shock:

Again a real sad day for all

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Really sad news to hear of an accident or death at a race meeting

sincere condolences to the family

1 - 20 of 23 Posts