Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I braved 6 hours of working on my rods engine today in the outside open air. Well it all started with the notion of replacing the valve stem oil seals on my pinto engine and then developed into grinding in the valves for good measure and then cleaning and reassembling everything before the onslaught of snow. Well, I patted myself on the back, albeit with numb fingers after I had finished. Who else out there in hot rod land has been as foolish as me??????????????????

Dave

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
did`nt work on my motor but my partners car today.fecking freezing,i was putting a new rad in her motor on my drive.after i took all the superfishial plastic of the engine bay ,i couldn`t feel my finger tips.it had them horrible sping clips on the hoses,witch were almost impossible due to space,i was well glad when i finnished it and got back indoors

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,746 Posts
Was round a mate's whilst he dropped the gearbox out of his 32 on his drive. I offered moral encouragement.

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
Was round a mate's whilst he dropped the gearbox out of his 32 on his drive. I offered moral encouragement.
did you wind your car window down to give him this encouragement? :lol:

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
I braved 6 hours of working on my rods engine today in the outside open air. Well it all started with the notion of replacing the valve stem oil seals on my pinto engine and then developed into grinding in the valves for good measure and then cleaning and reassembling everything before the onslaught of snow. Well, I patted myself on the back, albeit with numb fingers after I had finished. Who else out there in hot rod land has been as foolish as me??????????????????

Dave
pussy! I did this 6 mornin til 6 tonight outside tonite,guess we breed em tough up north :smoke:

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
well done Dave, I can remember when I used to do stuff like that!
Today I had 5hrs in the garage,and at one point had to turn the heat down so I could carry on!

Gary
i no the feeling gary lovely and toasty in my garage, god bless the space heater :lol:

·
Registered
701 Posts
A couple of years ago I decided to change the front seats in my XR4i in February. Started on the morning, then, halfway through the job, it snowed. Ended up having to bolt the drivers seat in laid in the snow in our back lane. Ah, happy days..... :)

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Did an engine swap on a mk3 cortina many years ago in about a foot of snow, had no choice really as I needed to have the car for work (once the snow cleared) took me nearly all day as after about half an hours work I could no longer feel my fingers so had to go thaw out before having another go. Don't know if I would be so keen nowadays but I did get a sense of achievement when I'd finished

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,277 Posts
I was discussing this yesterday with Deuce Tudor while he was pulling thr fuel tank out of the Scimitar outside . I remember digging my old V6 Transit ( yes Dave ! ) out of the snow to work on the brakes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts