Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Worked on my Prefect for 6 hours today in minus 3 conditions - mad or dedicated ????

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  kapri 
#1 ·
I braved 6 hours of working on my rods engine today in the outside open air. Well it all started with the notion of replacing the valve stem oil seals on my pinto engine and then developed into grinding in the valves for good measure and then cleaning and reassembling everything before the onslaught of snow. Well, I patted myself on the back, albeit with numb fingers after I had finished. Who else out there in hot rod land has been as foolish as me??????????????????

Dave

#2 ·
did`nt work on my motor but my partners car today.fecking freezing,i was putting a new rad in her motor on my drive.after i took all the superfishial plastic of the engine bay ,i couldn`t feel my finger tips.it had them horrible sping clips on the hoses,witch were almost impossible due to space,i was well glad when i finnished it and got back indoors

#17 ·
Did an engine swap on a mk3 cortina many years ago in about a foot of snow, had no choice really as I needed to have the car for work (once the snow cleared) took me nearly all day as after about half an hours work I could no longer feel my fingers so had to go thaw out before having another go. Don't know if I would be so keen nowadays but I did get a sense of achievement when I'd finished

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.