Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nothing major, just one of those "Fcuk, that pissed me off" moments.

trying to get stuck into the pos. rebuilding and painting the front suspension, brakes etc. Going great guns, considering the car is a tiny garage and to work on it I need the door open! So working in the rain is a no no!

Anyway, re-assembled the front off side brakes after replacing all bushes and ball joints, discs, pads and calipers and painting the inner wing, wishbones and anything else that could be seen, I took the anti sway bar off (Have to do one side then move the car to do the other) and went to take the steering rack off.....shouldn't be a problem......well, the phrase about piss poor planning comes to mind.

Can't take the steering rack off without lifting the engine.......

It was raining as well....

Time to come in and get a cuppa. Over a cuppa I thought about it and hope I can get away with just lifting the engine with a trolley jack rather than buggering around with an engine crane....watch this space.

The good news is that, having taken my tablets regularly for a while I'm chilled and smiling about this very minor set back!!! I wouldn't have been otherwise!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ha I feel your pain bud,been working on my sons moggy converting it to disc brakes(ford),no garage,on the drive,raining,and the brand new kit find I have to alter brackets to fit.
I too had a cuppa and me tablets and chilled.:tup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts