Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Search this forum for "WG Racing". The team members have posted quite a bit about the Rolls on here. Damn nice bit of kit. :tup:

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
there was also a fullpage wright (i know it should be spelt write) upin the daily star yesterday about the car

·
overweight? no, UNDERTALL
103 Posts
Read through the replies
Fred Casey -

And there are thousands dying in Africa, what a waste of money

what the f##ks African famine got to do with it:wanker:

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Read through the replies
Fred Casey -

Ah the misguided do gooder. Sticks a fiver in the Oxfam tin and buys a Prius and thinks he saves the world. Totally right, arsehole in the first degree.

·
Registered
536 Posts
went to the saturday night special at the pod the other week, bumped into a mate i had'nt seen for a while, have you seen my new race car, the worlds fastest rolls royce:eek:car is just awsome :tup: well done matt and the guys :smoke:

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Hi All,

I thought this was the worlds quickest Rolls Royce, as far as i know John Dodd still has or had the fastest Rolls Royce.

John Dodd was reputedly reported/noted for doing over 200MPH on the german autobahns on a number of occasions, although he wasn't breaking the law it was regarded as highly anti-social by the german authorities.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Lost in the ozone. . ....
3,029 Posts
Saw it once at the Pod.

·
Delinquent in denial...
584 Posts
Hi All,

I thought this was the worlds quickest Rolls Royce, as far as i know John Dodd still has or had the fastest Rolls Royce.

John Dodd was reputedly reported/noted for doing over 200MPH on the german autobahns on a number of occasions, although he wasn't breaking the law it was regarded as highly anti-social by the german authorities.

Cheers.

Russ.
Didn't John Dodd's Beast (in its first guise, I think) just have a R/R grille and Meteor engine? Body was custom/part Mk1 Capri? :beuj:

Matt

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
i think there talking about the worlds quickest rolls royce bodied vehicle . it`s also to do with the acceleration and speed over a quarter of a mile

·
Lost in the ozone. . ....
3,029 Posts
Didn't John Dodd's Beast (in its first guise, I think) just have a R/R grille and Meteor engine? Body was custom/part Mk1 Capri? :beuj:

Matt
Originally it had a grille from a Rolls-Royce, but after complaints from R-R themselves he had to change it.

From the link I posted earlier.

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts

Matt
Hi Matt,

To the best of my knowledge it is still on it's original Rolls Royce chassis, hence why it is still registered as a Rolls Royce today (the rules were a bit different way back then). It is correctly registered as a 27,000cc correct colour etc and still MOTed Taxed and insured even now.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Delinquent in denial...
584 Posts
Hi Matt,

To the best of my knowledge it is still on it's original Rolls Royce chassis, hence why it is still registered as a Rolls Royce today (the rules were a bit different way back then). It is correctly registered as a 27,000cc correct colour etc and still MOTed Taxed and insured even now.

Cheers.

Russ.
Ah, I knew of the court case, didn't realise the chassis was R/R! Thanks for clearing that up! :tup:

Matt

·
Registered
200 Posts
Read through the replies
Fred Casey -

Feel like saying 'Okay Fred, you fuckwit, sell your house today and give all the money to Africa!'

1 - 20 of 21 Posts