Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I am trying to identify the rack that is on my YSR chassis as I need at least a new tie rod. It has had the tie rods extended to join on the ball joint. I have found the following details cast on it - TRW 35 702 222. I called one supplier of TRW racks but they don't have this listed. I will continue to search but if you guys could help that would be great. My tie rod ball joint is a bit loose and I have screwed it out to reveal a male screw thread. When it is steered over to this side there seems to be a bit of play in the splined shaft too and i'm not sure if that is normal or maybe a bush needs replacing too? Anyway I have pictures! Maybe they will help. Cheers, Norm.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Collage Wheel

·
Premium Member
7,639 Posts
can you measure the thread on the end.if its an m14 a sierra end will go on,though you will need to modify it to suit..

the slop in the splined shaft. if you can unscrew the funny looking bung on the rack,it has a guide that pushes down onto the inner part of the rack.usually there is a spring inside so it self adjusts.
if its gone all the way down it can,screwing that bung in some more could help

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you measure the thread on the end.if its an m14 a sierra end will go on,though you will need to modify it to suit..

the slop in the splined shaft. if you can unscrew the funny looking bung on the rack,it has a guide that pushes down onto the inner part of the rack.usually there is a spring inside so it self adjusts.
if its gone all the way down it can,screwing that bung in some more could help
Ah I have only just found this message, thanks I will have a look next time I am in the garage.Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts