Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any readily available Engine Oils Supplements that anyone can recommend.?

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
Additive with ZDDP or oil with ZDDP?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Additive with ZDDP, the oil I have is API SE CC spec ( cars up to '79 ) so is meant to be up to spec but I'm cynical ;) :)

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
Additive with ZDDP, the oil I have is API SE CC spec ( cars up to '79 ) so is meant to be up to spec but I'm cynical ;) :)
I am using Millers Classic mineral which has a reasonable level in it (700 or 900 ppm - not sure) - one of the US oils (can't remember which one but will find out) has the highest level 1200 0r 1400 ppm - there is a point where a higher concentration actually has a negative effect - there was quite a lot of info on some of the US forums a couple of years ago - I may have downloaded some - will have a look when I have a minute.

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
I am using Millers Classic mineral which has a reasonable level in it (700 or 900 ppm - not sure) - one of the US oils (can't remember which one but will find out) has the highest level 1200 0r 1400 ppm - there is a point where a higher concentration actually has a negative effect - there was quite a lot of info on some of the US forums a couple of years ago - I may have downloaded some - will have a look when I have a minute.
Valvoline VR1 - link gives its make-up http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/VR-1_Racing_Motor_Oil.pdf
I think the content of .14/.13 translates to 1300/1400 ppm just over the maximum recommended limit according to some US sources:S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts