Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Been around in a few guises, first built as a saloon I think. Was metallic blue at one point and it may have been named 'Malt and Barley Blues'. Built by Malcolm (?) Sargeant?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been around in a few guises, first built as a saloon I think. Was metallic blue at one point and it may have been named 'Malt and Barley Blues'. Built by Malcolm (?) Sargeant?
I seem to remember it in blue now, was it a light metalic ? I didn't know it was a saloon conversion, thought he would have used a estate version, any idea of the motor used ? I think the proportions are spot on and looks 'factory'

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Yes it was a light metallic blue at one point. Can't remember the running gear, sorry, except I think it may have been a Transit beam axle.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
It had a Daimler Hemi, at least when it was a saloon, here's a few variations of it.
Bob.

·
Registered
219 Posts
:tdown: WELL TO PUT THIS TO BED YES BUILT BY JOHN SARGENT REBUILT AND SOLD TWICE BY ME, FIRST REBUILD WAS ORANGE AND I CALLED IT WILD RIDE, HAD IT FEATURED IN A OLD FORDS BOOK. SOLD IT BROUGHT IT BACK AGAIN IN A STATE, REBUILT IT AGAIN AND PAINTED BLUE WITH FLAMES AND CALLED IT PYCHO'S TOY. IT WENT FROM 1 BAD OWNER TO THE NEXT AND ENDED UP A TOTAL MESS I WAS OFFERED IT AGAIN FOR £500 AFTER CRYING I TOLD THE GUY TO GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY. THE CAR ENDED UP IN NEWBURY, WHERE THERE WAS A FEUD BETWEEN TWO GUYS AND THE CAR GOT SMASHED TO PIECES WITH BASE BALL BATS AND THEN SCRAPPED, ANOTHER PIECE OF HISTORY DOWN THE TOILET.:wanker:

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Glad I got most of the info retrieved from my long suffering 'little grey cells'.
John Sergeant, there you go, I thought I was getting confused with the 'strictly come newsreader', so opted for Malcolm who happened to be a famous conductor!

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
could be wrong but i seem to remember reading somewhere that the rear of the roof is the front of another mk 2 saloon roof, did look spot on :tup:

kev

·
Registered
680 Posts
That was my everyday car for about 5 years ,bought it of a old bloke when it was blue then did it chrome yellow with flames and later the black and flames then sold it to the finches it was then getting rough...bloody good fun to drive:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts