Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
The shock change alone cleans up the front nicly
agreed, but i think you'll need more friction discs for a satisfactory 'shock absorber' i've seen towing anti sway bar discs used in the past and they use 2 friction discs. neil.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
i'd have glued blocks of expanded foam or polystyrene together, carved the shape and skimmed over that with plaster or body filler. quicker and easier. neil.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
could you get another bubble and cut the top off in a 'jaunty' way just low enough to see over so wipers weren't required? so you'd have a full wrap around screen as it were. it'd be cooler on sunny days for sure.
neil.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
Ran the sander over the whole body today, trying to stop the - Death by a Thousand Pins!!
There is very little distortion looking through the dome.
a mate once rolled a reliant 3 pin plug at some speed. he had lots of those pins jammed under the finger nails on one hand from where it slid along on its roof until it stopped :shock:

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
I remember having a clear resin kit as a kid. I used to make paper weights with spiders in 'n' stuff. :D

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
yeah agreed, in the last shot they look like the back of turbo mufflers with turned down tail pipes. :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
so the wheels need narrowing different amounts then? have you checked the others in case you have 2 pairs (2 wide, 2 narrow)?
neil.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
good to meet you last weekend mate, always nice to put a face to a name :tup: re the black, i've used 'direct gloss' 2k lots over the years with good results, mainly 'cos i'm too cheap to pay for base coat 'and' clear when i don't have to :lol:
neil.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
i gave my anglia 6 heavy coats of flake in 2k clear over a balck base then 5 more of 2k clear, all the same day and virtually no thinners to keep the buildup high. full black coverage achieved. wet flatted and mopped the next day before the 2k goes too hard. none of this 2 coats then flat after a couple of days then repeat malarky that most say to do with flake. i've done flake jobs a few times like this and never had any issues.
neil.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
the links work good for me mate. it's great to see it out on the road, no doubt shocking the hell out of 'normal' folks :lol:
:tup: neil.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
has nobody else thought what's a woman doing mowing grass, it's a man's job! i just thought she was hoovering the grass and perhaps suffered from hayfever hence the bubble :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.