Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

301 - 315 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts

I saw this picture earlier in the thread, it's a PC Cresta originally built I think by a guy near Maidstone, I owned it for some time and did some restoration work as it was so rusty. I fitted a Rover V8 & auto box before selling it on, it was actually quite a well thought out conversion and had previously been owned by Tony Thacker the journalist.
When I first saw the car it was at Crystal palace at the first custom car show and was painted yellow with roses on it, looked quite good at the time! When I had it, it was metallic blue.
I wonder does anyone have any more photo's of it as I lost all mine :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·

I saw this picture earlier in the thread, it's a PC Cresta originally built I think by a guy near Maidstone, I owned it for some time and did some restoration work as it was so rusty. I fitted a Rover V8 & auto box before selling it on, it was actually quite a well thought out conversion and had previously been owned by Tony Thacker the journalist.
When I first saw the car it was at Crystal palace at the first custom car show and was painted yellow with roses on it, looked quite good at the time! When I had it, it was metallic blue.
I wonder does anyone have any more photo's of it as I lost all mine :cry:

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's my car!

Thanks for the pics that's how I remember first seeing it, the conversion looked 'right' that is to say it looked a factory design along the lines of an El Camino and had a proper tailgate as well.

·
Registered
877 Posts
My old Vauxhall Carlton, was a saloon, I used a MK2 Astra estate tailgate for the back of the cab.

I sold it to a guy from Jersey or Guernsey (can't remember which) who had a Pinto powered 100E in about 2003, it then went to Lancashire or Yorkshire I think. Reg is/was A76 RTM if it's still around.

301 - 315 of 315 Posts